Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Firsts

This last week has been full of lots of firsts, but that's what happens when you get married right? 
1. We witnessed our first sunset from our new apartment, well at least the first one I took a picture of.  
2. I learned how to ride a skateboard and successfully skated on down and around south of campus and back without falling. I may have cheated and walked a few times. It was a really fun date. 
3. I went BACKPACKING for the first time with my adventurous husband! It was hard but still very fun. We went up and above Horsetail Falls behind Alpine. We stumbled upon an amazing campsite that some horse people had set up. The best part was that it was snuggled in the Aspens! We got to try out all of our new camping gear that we got from registering at REI. Probably the best idea we've ever had together. Needless to say I love my new pink sleeping bag. 
4. We went to grandma's house for Memorial Day weekend when the rain decided to sweep us off the mountain. It was the first time that Scott didn't have to sleep on the couch. Yay! I think grandma was more excited than we were. haha.
5. We bought our first BED together and boy is it awesome! We had been previously sleeping on two twins pushed together that weren't exactly the same height. I love not having a crack on my butt when I sleep. It was quite the adventure getting the mattress onto the car and tying it down. I was terrified it was going to take flight at any moment especially as it was going down a hill at 50 mph. However, despite my unnecessary fears the bed made it safely into our bedroom unharmed. 
6. Last but not least, Natalie (Scott's sister) graduated from high school! We were so excited to sit through the long, repetitive, I mean thrilling ceremony. It was a beautiful day though and Natalie sang in the choir which was beaUtiful. We had yummy Indian food afterwards. 

Hopefully more firsts will come in the next week!

Before we knew how hard it was going to be


Picturesque 

Love our tent and sleeping gear

Making pancakes at altitude is a little challenging

Our awesome campsite!

AT THE TOP!

Look Mom! I'm balancing on a log!

Tying down the mattress

A little nervous... 
Lone Peak Graduation 2012

Natalie, the new graduate


No comments:

Post a Comment