Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hawaii


Scott and I went on our honeymoon to Hawaii! It was unbelievably gorgeous there. I have never seen such blue skies, blue ocean, and felt such perfect weather. I also have never seen so many Asians in my life before! Granted I've never been to Asian or anywhere near any Asian countries. Most of the signs around Waikiki were in Japanese as well as English. It felt as though we were in a different country. There were even restaurants that were only in Japanese. We spent a lot of time relaxing at the beach and I was able to finish Hunger Games, which is so good and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't jumped on the bandwagon yet. It's a fabulous bandwagon. We hiked Diamond Head crater which was fun and beautiful as well. One of our favorite adventures was going to Hanauma Bay to go snorkeling. It was absolutely breath taking to be able to swim with sea turtles and such HUGE fish. It was like we shrunk and were stuck in an aquarium. We loved to dive down and swim through the schools of fish and try to mess with their formations. It reminded me of Finding Nemo and how the big school of fish makes different designs to tell Marlin where to go. When you swam down next to them they kept their formation close together, but would quickly move out of your way. So cool! Another favorite was renting a red Mustang Convertible and driving up along the North Shore. It was a different world up there and we were so glad we did some exploring along the famous pipeline beach, the Dole plantation, and of course Shave Ice. I've never had such huge snow cones before and boy were they delicious! It's worth it to go to Hawaii if all you do is eat Shave Ice with ice cream on the bottom. Sent from heaven. We also did some shopping in Waikiki, which is turning into mini Las Vegas with all of its high end stores. The surf shops satisfy us just fine though. All in all it was a great vacation to be able to spend with my best friend. We are enjoying the newlywed life together and hope for many more adventures this summer. 


At the top of Diamond Head




"Loco Moco" Our Favorite Meal in Hawaii


After the King's Guard Demonstration

Surfer Bums


Hanauma Bay


My cute husband



My favorite picture of the entire trip!




A Pineapple Bush!

Laie, Hawaii LDS Temple





Pearl Harbor



No comments:

Post a Comment