Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Newlyweds

We have settled into the cliche lifestyle of newlyweds. We spend all of our time either at work or with each other. Our quaint apartment is mostly settled into and decorated. I feel like I'm playing house all the time though. Maybe in 5 years or so I'll start feeling like a real adult.

Scott and I celebrated my 22nd birthday last Wednesday by going out to Olive Garden, one of my favorite restraunts. It was so nice to wake up next to my best friend wishing me a Happy Birthday. He hid a card and perfume in my bathroom mirror as well as a fresh smoothie in the fridge. I have such a caring husband. I spent the morning being lazy and putting up some final decorations. Amy took me out to lunch at Zupas, which is always a favorite. Then I went to work for a few hours before Olive Garden and opening presents. I got to pick out ice cream and a movie at the store, always a compromise for us regularly, but not on my birthday! haha. We watched the Vow, which was pretty good. Scott was bored the whole time, but did a great job keeping his critiques to himself.

Last Saturday morning we hiked the "Y" for our Saturday adventure. It was a fun reminder of something we did when we were dating. It was a gorgeous day and an especially good day for a hike. Scott even was an overachiever and ran part of the way up. I walked despite the persistence from my hiking buddy. We hope to make it a Saturday tradition to go on a mini adventure.

On Sunday it was beautiful Mother's Day and after church we went to the in-law's house for DELICIOUS waffles and relaxation.  It was the perfect day to lay outside on blankets and chill so that's exactly what we did.

I'm so grateful for my mother and the amazing woman she is. I would not be the person I am today without her hard work in my behalf throughout my 22 years.  She pulled together an incredible wedding that was a dream come true. I would literally pin something on Pinterest and poof! it would appear at the wedding festivities. She is so hard working and the most patient woman I know to deal with us kids. She raised me to be the woman I am today and I thank her for it. Happy Mother's Day mom!
The popular wedding gift was dish towels.


The fish said Happy Birthday to me!

New decorations.

The benefits of Scott having 5 sisters!

We tried out our new tent in the living room!!


At the top of the Y

Beautiful Provo

The waffles were a favorite. 
The whole gang!

Happy Mother's Day!

The pampering.

No comments:

Post a Comment