Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Row Along

I've been slacking on the blogging lately because I've been teaching 3rd grade! Its been 15 days of ups and down, but overall I really do like my job. I love the comments from the little 8-year-olds like, "Do you know how fun this is!?" and "I think I just beat the all time record, Mrs. Jennings!"  I've learned a lot about myself as a person and how I interact with my students.  I'm still learning everyday and I don't think there will be a day that I don't learn something new about teaching or little kids. I definitely don't hate Sunday nights and I don't mind not taking classes either. I'm really grateful to have a wonderful team and staff that help me out on a daily basis. I feel proud to be a teacher at such a great school.

Some of our recent adventures outside of school include going to a concert in Salt Lake City, Iron and Wine. It was good for people watching and the music was pretty good too.  The coolest thing they had there was valet parking for bikes. So unbelievably awesome! I was tempted to go home and come back just to return on a bike. Scott loved the concert as well and it was a good adventure. 

I went on a grand rowing experience with my school before school started. We had a team building activity as a staff and had private rowing lessons.  I learned that the Great Salt Lake does not smell good. I am pretty good at rowing. I do not like the nasty bugs that hover over every surface in and around the Salt Lake. I would train on a rowing team if given an opportunity.  It takes A LOT of teamwork to actually move in a straight line. Rowing boats cost more than my life insurance is worth. It was definitely a fun team experience. 

We've been cooking more together because we are actually home at the same time when its time for dinner. Scott found a good technique of using the lid as a shield, which at the time was very hilarious. We have been using our sourdough start almost every week.  Our favorite is sourdough bread, although we almost set the house on fire with the bread maker the other day. details. details. Our jam supply is depleting, to say the least. Sourdough makes the world a happier place, plus it costs about nothing, which is good for my current lack of salary. 

Happy September!
Iron and Wine Concert in SLC

Iron and Wine

Rowing on the Great Salt Lake

How to Protect Yourself from Spurting Oil

Homemade Sourdough Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment