Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The First Date

After quite a few one-on-one hang-outs I asked Scott when we were at the park one day, "Are you gonna ask me on a date?" He replied with a, "I was going to ask you tomorrow!" Needless to say it was obvious and I was excited. Our first date was to the Quarry, an indoor climbing gym. What are you supposed to wear to a climbing gym on a first date??? Especially when you know he's going to be staring at your butt the entire time. It took quite a few wardrobe changes and a roommate's help to decide, to say the least. The climbing part was great, he used a coupon and everything! That was big bonus points in my book. We climbed around a bit and me being the ametuar that I am didn't know what was hard and what was easy until I was in the moment doing it. On one particular route, which ended up being the hardest one, Scott didn't let me down until I climbed all the way to the top.  All the way to the top meant that I had to go over a huge perturbing rock that made me go upside down as I scaled it. Despite my lack of technique he knew I could do it. After a few falls and shaking arms, I finally did it. Whew! It was quite the accomplishment and I felt like Wonder Woman. I guess I secretly wanted to impress him anyways. After climbing, we went to The Sweet Tooth Fairy which is a little cupcake bakery where he had yet another coupon! However, when we got there it was closed. So for plan be we went on a drive and talked, which was really nice and relaxing. It got dark so we headed back towards my apartment complex. It was pretty obvious that neither of us wanted the night to end so we got some blankets and went stargazing in the park behind my apartment. Scott was in an Astronomy class so he pointed out different constellations and planets. Quite impressive, if I do say so myself. It was a great night with a nice hug goodbye at the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment